Friday, November 18, 2011

DON BRISCOE


Cecil Donald "Don" Briscoe (born March 20, 1940, Yalobusha County, Mississippi — died October 31, 2004, Memphis, Tennessee) was an American soap opera actor, most notable for playing Tony Meritt (#2) onDays of Our Lives, and, from 1968–1970, for playing Chris Jennings, Tom Jennings, Timothy Shaw, and Chris Collins on Dark Shadows.
Briscoe left Dark Shadows abruptly in 1970 after suffering a "mental breakdown" (according to his sister, Bonny Jenkins) and eventually withdrew from the acting profession and relocated to live with family inMemphis. The deaths of his parents hit him badly. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and suffering from nervous disorders, manic-depression and drug problems, Briscoe settled into a reclusive lifestyle. Declared unable to work for a living by a psychiatrist, he managed to act occasionally in local theatre until the 1980s and worked for a time as a gas station attendant.[1]
He died in 2004 at his home in Memphis from heart disease.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE: DON BRISCOE
As Todd in HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS

DON BRISCOE 1990 photo by Jeff Thompson

As Chris Jennings with Nancy Barrett 

At home during DARK SHADOWS

3 comments:

  1. I will always be in love with you Don B for the very special attention you gave me& the time we spent when I was17.always my love- Denise Dalton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rip Don
    His parents lived across the street from me. I was 4 yrs old and he came home to live with parents . He stayed outside in his backyard most of the day and i would hide and watch him. I knew his parents really well and his sister but had just saw him when he moved home. He never would talk always keeping his head down. But anyway he caught me watching him and that was the first day he started buying me popsicles . lol so everyday i made sure i was outside and he was too . i would yell heyyy im outside lol he would nod at me. He was popsicle hook up . i would yell why don't u ever talk ? My grandfather drinks beer too .
    U need to look up and talk lol
    My grandma said ur brain was sick .. I swear he never looked up. All those yrs . he probably bought the ice cream so i would eat and shut the hell up. I remember him being really tall. And quite.but hey i was 4 yrs old

    ReplyDelete